If you’re anything like my husband and me, there never seems to be enough money at the end of the month. With three kids, they always need something. The oldest is always invited somewhere. The middle one can’t ever seem to keep money in her lunch account. And why are my son’s brand new pants constantly getting shorter? I’m sure if you have kids you can relate, and with two teacher’s salaries, things can get tricky. Below is a list of some fairly easy things you can do to earn extra income.
1. Get a Second Job: This isn’t always a feasible option because of the time it requires. However, if you can find the time, it can definitely be worth it. The summer after our son was born, my husband went to work at Pizza Hut as a delivery driver. He works quite a bit during the summer, but only works one or two nights during the school year. The great thing about this job is that he always comes home with cash in hand, and for the most part he actually really enjoys it. We have both taken on coaching positions that pay an extra stipend in addition to our regular salary.
2. Have a Yard Sale: This is probably my least favorite idea on the list. I hate having a yard sale, but they can actually pay off if you have things you need to get rid of. It can serve two purposes. First, you can declutter, and seriously, who doesn’t need to do that? Second, you can make some extra cash. Win-Win! Just have a better attitude about it than me! 😉
3. Sell on Resale Sites: I do this quite frequently, and I have made quite a bit of money. Normally, I find local sites on Facebook and sale gently used items there. This helps me declutter without the big mess and fuss of a yard sale. Always be sure to meet people you don’t know in a well lit public place.
4. Do Online Surveys: I have been doing these for several years but have found myself doing these much more recently. Many of the online survey sites allow you to do different tasks to earn money, such as read emails, watch videos, or even shop. Below are some of my favorites.
Swagbucks – This is probably my favorite site. It’s so easy to earn swagbucks (SB) that can be traded for gift cards or be transferred to PayPal. Payouts start as low as $5 depending on the reward you choose. Sign up today by clicking http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/edavis25.
InboxDollars – I have found it takes longer with InboxDollars to earn the amount needed to cash out, but I have received several checks from them. You can cash out at $30, and they will send you a check in the mail. Sign up today by clicking https://www.inboxdollars.com/r/1300701753?ref_src=link.
Sunshine Rewards – This is a site that will take much more time and effort, but I have received a Disney gift card from them. This is a great site to earn those gift cards if you’re planning a Disney trip like us. Sign up today by clicking https://www.sunshinerewards.com/signup.php?r=41570
5. Cash Back Apps/Sites: This is something I actually haven’t done much of. I don’t do tons of online shopping, so I never did well with eBates, however if you do shop a lot online it is something to check out. The new app I just downloaded is called Dosh. You get $5 just for linking a debit or credit card. For a limited time, you get $10 for each referral. You can cash out for $25, so this is a pretty great deal. You can download the Dosh app on your phone and use referral code EMILYW193.
I hope some of these ideas help you and your family along the way. Let me know other ways you earn extra money for your family!